HOME

HISTORY

FACILITIES

BOARD MEMBERS

TBSA
ORGANIZATION CHART

NOTICES OF MEETINGS

AGENDAS & MINUTES

LEGAL NOTICES

REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS

WHAT NOT TO FLUSH

DIRECTIONS

INDUSTRIAL PRETREATMENT
RULES & REGULATIONS

TBSA
FINANCIAL STATEMENTS

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES

 

Contact Us:

P.O. Box 188
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035

973-696-4494 (phone)
973-305-1764 (fax)

Email TBSA at tbsa@ensocorp.net

 

plant  History

In Spring 1970 a Joint Sewer Study Committee of the three communities evaluated the feasibility of a regional facility, and in January 1971 the Two Bridges Sewerage Authority (TBSA) was formed. An engineering study was performed and that led to construction, beginning in 1975, of a major regional wastewater treatment system. By 1979, this publicly owned and operated system was placed in operation, and by 1981 all three communities were receiving service.

In 1985, the Authority contracted with the Pequannock River Basin Regional Sewerage Authority (PRBRSA) to provide service to Butler, Bloomingdale and Kinnelon, and in 1987, with the construction of a seven-mile sewer line, the PRBSRA became the fourth member of the Authority.

In 2009, the Authority obtained a $3.34 million commitment from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) to assist in the financing of an Ultraviolet (UV) Disinfection Project.  The new UV system is part of the Authority‚Äôs phased plan to update its wastewater treatment plant and incorporate state-of-the-art technologies to protect the environment. The project was put into service successfully in August 2011.

Today, TBSA operates at its original design capacity of 7.5 million gallons per day (MGD). The potential plant capacity is rated for 10 MGD. While the treatment plant's original design allowed it to expand in modular components, more stringent environmental rules over the years will require significant capital improvements to meet newer permit limitations.

Plant Highlights